Technical Advisor for Mexico Project
The National Police Foundation has a multi-year grant with the U.S. Department of State aimed at increasing the number of Mexican law enforcement agencies, public safety training academies, and public safety communications centers that are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc. (CALEA). We are interested in contracting with subject matter experts (SMEs) to provide part-time on-site and remote technical assistance to those agencies. 78 Mexican agencies, including 31 training academies, 22 communications centers, and 25 law enforcement agencies in 26 of Mexico’s 32 states, are already receiving technical assistance through the grant to attain and/or maintain CALEA Accreditation. 40 of these agencies have already achieved accreditation through assistance from the grant and are receiving assistance to maintain their accredited status. The Foundation uses teams of SMEs to provide technical assistance to grant clients, with each team composed of one Technical Advisor (TA) and Team Leader (TL). The Foundation currently has twelve U.S. and Mexican TLs/TAs under contract and needs to add 1 or 2 more TAs to handle existing and future work.
Please submit resume and cover letter.
This position is eligible for remote work.
Applications accepted until October 1, 2021.
Selection of new Technical Advisors
Selection of new TAs will be made in accordance with a selection process that includes consideration of a candidate’s qualifications, including the following areas:
- Work as a CALEA-trained Assessor or CALEA Client Services Member
- Work as an agency CALEA Accreditation Manager managing one or more accreditation cycles, including familiarity with the PowerDMS document management system
- Depth of knowledge of and/or length of work in a law enforcement or criminal justice agency in the U.S. or Mexico
- Fluency in Spanish for a U.S. candidate or fluency in English for a Mexican candidate (the ability to read and understand Spanish well is mandatory for U.S. candidates)
- Willingness to travel to or within Mexico to conduct on-site visits or to attend or conduct occasional training sessions either in the US or Mexico.
2550 S Clark Street, Suite 1130
Arlington, VA 22202
Please submit your application using the following link: https://policefoundationtrial.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=34