Public Safety Officer/Intercampus Shuttle Driver (0.77 FTE)
St. Catherine University invites applications for a full time (0.77 FTE) Public Safety Officer/Intercampus Shuttle Driver in its Public Safety Department. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Public Safety Officers are responsible for providing excellent customer service to students, staff, and visitors, creating and maintaining a safe and secure campus community environment, and effectively handling occasional emergency/crisis situations such as severe weather, medical emergencies, assaults, and fire. The Public Safety Department takes a proactive approach to campus safety, and has officers on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The primary role of this Public Safety Officer/Intercampus Shuttle Driver is to provide transportation services between the St. Paul and Minneapolis campuses. The secondary function of this role is to provide support to the University as a Public Safety Officer. The typical schedule will consist of 40 hours a week, August through May.
Employees at St. Kate’s feel a deep connection to the University’s Mission and Vision, and that they can live their values within their work lives. The starting salary for this full time, non-exempt position is $16/hour, with excellent benefits, including free tuition (tuition remission) at St. Kate’s (and other participating schools) for employees and their families, health, dental, vision, an 8% 403b contribution, paid vacation/sick/holiday time, and six weeks of paid parental leave. Employees also receive uniforms and safety gear, paid on the job training and opportunities for career advancement.
• Provide point-to-point service for University shuttle transportation schedule in designated University vehicle.
• Effective patrol of buildings and grounds.
• Locking and unlocking buildings according to designated schedules.
• Responding to calls for assistance and providing escort services.
• Enforcing parking regulations.
• Providing effective response, investigation, and documentation of unusual or criminal incidents, medical
emergencies, and fire alarms.
• As a dispatcher, handle incoming calls and monitor responses.
• Conduct routine safety inspections of buildings and grounds using OSHA and other regulatory guidelines.
• Provide point-to-point service per University shuttle transportation schedule in designated University vehicle.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED.
• A minimum of three months of experience in customer service, community engagement or volunteer work.
• Strong leadership, decision-making, critical thinking, and problem solving abilities.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must; PC experience helpful.
• Candidates must have the ability to work with cultural and gender diversity.
• Must consent to finger printing and criminal history (background) investigation.
• Current driver’s license and an acceptable driving record and ability to meet University Van Certification qualifications.
• Current First Aid and CPR certification preferred.
The successful candidate must have the ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families and communities.
Submit applications online here: https://stcatherine.peopleadmin.com/postings/3759
2004 Randolph Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105