We are recruiting for service-oriented people who want to be a part of the community and share in making the City of West Des Moines one of the best cities in the Midwest in which to work and raise a family. We offer excellent pay and benefits, top of the line equipment, and opportunities for advancement. We accept laterals and offer incentives for candidates with experience. As you progress in the job, you may find yourself in any number of specialized positions that include:
School Resource Officer
Training and Emergency Management
Traffic Officer/Traffic Crash Reconstructionist
Drug Recognition Expert
Instructor in Several Police Skills Disciplines
Suburban Emergency Response Team
To learn more about what we expect and what we have to offer, check the job posting on our city website and then apply online by March 4, 2021. Full details on the job can be viewed at https://www.wdm.iowa.gov/Home/Components/JobPosts/Job/1346/1340
Qualified candidates will possess:
- A high school diploma or GED AND an Associate's Degree or two (2) years of college (60 credits) in any academic major. Education substitutes are three (3) years of active military duty or three (3) years of service as a sworn officer.
- Be twenty-one (21) years of age on or before date of written entrance examination.
- Be a citizen of the United States at the time of application.
- Have uncorrected vision of not less than 20/100 in both eyes, corrected to 20/20, and color vision consistent with the Occupational demands of law enforcement.
- Possess a valid (Iowa) driver’s license and good driving record.
- Be of good moral character and have not been convicted of a felony or crime involving moral turpitude.
Successful candidates will have the ability to relate to and work with people of diverse backgrounds, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities, and strong writing and speaking skills.
Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications are encouraged to reapply for future openings if not successful.
250 Mills Civic Parkway
West Des Moines, IA 50265
To apply for this position, your will need to submit an online application at https://secure4.saashr.com/ta/6073685.careers?CareersSearch