Police Lieutenant - Town of Apex, NC
The Town of Apex, NC Police Department, a CALEA-accredited department, seeks an experienced law enforcement commander for the position of Lieutenant to serve as the watch commander and oversee a patrol team. The next Lieutenant is a confident, humble and diplomatic leader with a proven track record of building cohesive teams, uniting high-performing professionals of varying tenures around common goals and department mission and values. The ideal Lieutenant would consider themselves a change-agent – someone who is innovative and strategic in leading departments through seasons of change. The Apex Police Department has approximately 99-sworn and 26-non-sworn, full-time employees with an annual operating & capital budget of $15.7M. Reporting to a Captain, the Lieutenant will be assigned to a patrol team and will oversee one sergeant, one corporal and a team of 8-10 officers. The patrol Lieutenants will patrol each of the four patrol teams, acting as watch commanders, and will work rotating shifts changing from day to night every 30 days.
Minimum Experience and Education Qualifications:
• You have 6 Years progressive LE experience, 1 year at rank of Sgt if internal, 2 if external, graduation from a law enforcement leadership school (i.e. West Point Leadership, FBINA, FBI-LEEDA, ADMP, SPI, etc.) and/or a bachelor’s degree or higher; or,
• You have 8 Years progressive LE experience, 1 year at rank of Sgt if internal, 2 if external, and/or Associate degree (or equivalent credit hours); or,
• You have 10 Years progressive LE experience, 1 year at rank of Sgt if internal, 2 if external, high school graduation or equivalent, no certifications, and,
• You Must have a valid NC driver's license or the ability to obtain a valid NC driver's license within 60 days of relocating to NC. Lieutenants will be required to work some nights with their patrol team on a rotating schedule every 30 days.
● For information regarding transfers, please view the full job posting via the link below.
Salary and Benefits: The hiring range is $76,588-$101,479. Starting salary depends on experience and qualifications. The town provides generous benefits and leave packages, which can be viewed here. To apply, please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/developmentalassociates and click on the Police Lieutenant – Town of Apex, NC title. To learn more about the selection process, visit https://developmentalassociates.com/client-openings/, select “Client Openings” and scroll down to “Important Information for Applicants.” All applications must be submitted online via the Developmental Associates application portal – NOT the Town Employment Application portal, nor any other external website; it is not sufficient to send only a resume. Resumes and cover letters must be uploaded with the application. Applicants must apply by September 1, 2022. Successful semi-finalists will be invited to participate in virtual interviews and skill evaluation on October 3rd – 5th, 2022. Candidates are encouraged to reserve these dates for virtual meetings should they be invited to participate. All inquiries should be emailed to email@example.com. The Town of Apex is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The recruitment and selection process is being managed by Developmental Associates, LLC.
Apex, NC 27502