Coordinator III, Special Programs - Accreditation and CLERY Program
Provide high-level analytical expertise to the Police Chief and Command Staff in the implementation and administration of five vital programs: CALEA accreditation, IACLEA accreditation, Clery Act report review, FBI Uniform Crime Reporting, and UT System statistical reports.
• Serve as a consultant to command staff on accreditation, Clery Act compliance, Uniform Crime Reporting (soon to transition to NIBRS), and UT System reporting issues. Plan, develop and implement management strategies to ensure:
o compliance with Clery Act requirements,
o maintenance of the agency’s dual accreditation status, and
o production of accurate and timely federal and UT System reports
• Ability to develop and maintain a complex system of directives relating to department administrative, operational and personnel policies and procedures, which includes researching problems/issues and formulating/writing policies and procedures and coordinating same by others.
• Coordinate short and long-range planning initiatives with leadership and staff to ensure attainment of strategic goals related to accreditation and Clery Act reporting.
• Monitor and accurately code offense reports, ensure completeness and compliance with accreditation, Clery Act, UCR and UT System requirements.
• Prepare and submit reports to various federal and state agencies. Maintain and produce various ad hoc reports. Prepare accreditation proofs. Coordinate with UT Arlington Legal Advisor as needed for Clery Act reporting purposes.
• Internal Control: responsible for design, execution, and monitoring of an effective system of strong internal controls which provide reasonable assurance that department operations in relation to accreditation are effective and efficient, department statistical information is reliable, and the department complies with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Maintain and provide leadership for effective relationships with all federal, state, and UT System agencies and groups.
• Supervision responsibilities to include hiring, evaluating, disciplining and discharging subordinate employees. Manage office staff and regulate the flow of work throughout the office.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Possess the knowledge and skills to effectively perform the essential duties and responsibilities noted above.
• A minimum of 4 years in either or combined experience in either Law Enforcement Accreditation or Clery compliance.
• Experience in developing and writing policies, plans and guidelines. Experience in implementing and managing these.
• Possess strong organizational competencies, including consensus building, program planning and administration.
• Show a history of providing excellent customer service and possession of superior interpersonal skills.
• Possess effective, clear and concise written and oral communications skills. Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively interact and communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
• Possession of a valid Texas Class C operator’s license and a good driving record. Be able to maintain required certifications, and a valid Texas Driver’s License not subject to suspension. Remain eligible to drive a University owned or leased motor vehicle as outlined in UTA Procedure 8-6.
• Possess supervision and leadership experience, and demonstrate outstanding skills and abilities in these areas.
• Should be able to respond to the campus in the event of an emergency.
700 South Davis
Arlington, TX 76017