Computer-Aided Dispatch (CAD) & IT Technician
We are seeking a self-motivated resourceful customer oriented CAD (Computer Aid Dispatching) & IT Technician to join CRESA's team!
The CAD & IT Technician provides skilled information technology support for CRESA and user agencies. As a member of the CAD / IT support team, this position works to maintain, implement, upgrade and trouble-shoot the Agency's public safety technology. The CAD & IT Technician will also be an integral part of team projects, establishing and implementing new and upgraded technology. This position shares rotating on-call duties to ensure technical support is available 24 hours / 7 days a week / 365 days a year.
Must be able to perform the following essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation:
• Maintain, implement, upgrade and trouble-shoot assigned technology with priority on, but not limited to, CAD database support, desktop, server and help desk support.
• Perform daily system monitoring: verifying integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes; reviewing system and application logs; and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
• Work efficiently and effectively, recognizing the time-criticality and “life and safety” impact of position work on public safety / first responder services.
• Perform system maintenance, administration and project duties, including project management work.
• Develop and maintain excellent working relationships, particularly with team mates, CRESA employees, public safety user agencies, field-users, and vendors.
• Database support for Computer-Aided Dispatch (CAD) system (SQL based)
• Help desk support for Mobile Data Technology (MDT) systems (SQL based & web-based i.e. HTML, XML)
• Desktop, server and application support (Microsoft / Windows 10, Windows Server 2016-current, VMWare ESXi 6.7, Active Directory, Sophos, Office Products 2016-current, Infoblox DHCP/DNS, SharePoint application & development, imaging software (i.e. Ghost or Linux, etc.)
• Trouble-shooting, researching and addressing other public safety computer, data and phone system requests related but not limited to public switched telephone network (PSTN) and Emergency Services IP Network (ESINet), Next Generation 9-1-1, ANI/ALI (Automated Number Indicator / Automated Location Indicator), Unit Recommendations, Response Plans, GIS / Mapping, and external interfaces such as Locution, CAD Voice, Live MUM, Informer / NCIC / WACIC, and various record management systems (RMS).
• Work on-call (rotating responsibility) to ensure technical support available 24 hours / 7 days a week.
• Perform effectively in a team environment.
• Ability to work assigned schedule which may be days, swing or graveyard
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Any combination of qualifications demonstrating a candidate’s knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered.
• Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two –year college or technical school with an emphasis in Computer Technology or related field.
• Four+ years of responsible Information Technology related experience in desktop, server, application, help desk support and/or database support, with specific knowledge and experience with the technical programs, systems and applications described above.
o Note: A+ Certification or Degree / course training in Computer Science, Information Technology or closely related field above may substitute for up to two years of the required experience.
• Demonstrated experience trouble-shooting and effectively resolving technical problems.
• Skill in responding to and resolving end-user requests, inquiries and/or questions effectively and timely.
• Excellent communication and documentation skills.
• Working familiarity with public safety priorities, objectives and criticality is highly desirable.
• Proven critical thinking skills, independent judgment, initiative, and time and project management skills.
• Ability to pass all required job selection and training processes including a background investigation and pre-employment reference; and probationary period.
710 W 13th St.
Vancouver, WA 98660