Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Manage the CALEA accreditation program and ensure that all CALEA required reports and all time sensitive activities occur as needed.
• Collects source material for the preparation of the department's reports on continued compliance with CALEA standards
• Compiles and maintains all proofs of compliance with the law enforcement accreditation process
• Maintain accreditation files to ensure re-accreditation, handling standards updates and changes.
• Manage the software system for policy, training, CALEA, and other records.
• Maintain and conduct CALEA orientation for new employees and before on-site assessments.
• Manage and proactively prepare for the yearly file reviews and the CALEA on-site assessment.
• Perform compliance inspections based on established guidelines for accreditation.
• Perform statistical analysis as needed by the department.
• Research alternate policies and best practices, compile data, and present to command staff.
• Create and submit reports for chief of police.
• Attends annual CALEA conferences and TALON conferences.
• Serve as a liaison with other law enforcement agencies and staff with regard to the accreditation process.
• Maintains policy and reviews for changes
Required Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in Police Science, Criminal Justice, or Public Administration or equivalent from an accredited college or university with a minimum of one year related experience.
705 Leander Dr
Leander, TX 78641