CLOSING DATE: NOVEMBER 10, 2021
Effective August 30, 2021, all new hires will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus prior to their first date of employment. Individuals who are unable to be vaccinated should contact OHR@montgomerycountymd.gov to discuss possible accommodations.
About the Montgomery County Department of Police (MCPD)
Our mission is to safeguard life and property, preserve the peace, prevent and detect crime, enforce the law, and protect the rights of all citizens. Committed to working in partnership with the community to identify and resolve issues that impact public safety and committed to providing the highest quality of law enforcement services to the community with the goal of enhancing the quality of life within Montgomery County.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
MCPD is seeking a Program Manager I. This position will function as a Commission on the Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA) Accreditation Manager in the Accreditation Section of the Professional Accountability Division and will direct and coordinate all activities associated with the Department wide Accreditation program.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• As the Accreditation Manager for the Police Department, the employee will be responsible for compiling information and documents to meet the required standards for CALEA.
• Maintain files for applicable standards to include the collection, review, analysis and maintenance of information, and documents that prove the department is following written policy, and procedures.
• Prepare for and work with CALEA auditors who review applicable standards on a yearly basis, either virtually or in-person.
• Responsible for reviewing directives, standard operating procedures (SOP), and procedure manuals to ensure compatibility with the CALEA standards.
• Make recommended changes to departmental policies and procedures to meet CALEA standards.
• Responsible for ensuring departmental directives are up to date and compliance is being met throughout the year to ensure re-accreditation.
• Work with the Staff Inspections Unit to ensure all department members are in compliance with department directives and policies and will assist in conducting inspections.
• Monitor State of Maryland and Montgomery County web sites to assist the Professional Accountability Division and Policy and Planning Division with establishing or changing policies as new laws are enacted.
• Other miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE:
• With considerable experience in program accreditation.
• Experience using the CALEA Information Management Reporting Systems (CIMRS) and PowerDMS is preferred, but not required.
• Who can manage multiple projects at one time, skilled in effective time management and resource utilization, and able to adapt quickly to changing situations that may adversely affect previous plans, schedules, and routines.
• Who has strong problem-solving abilities, creativity, self-motivation, and the ability to successfully complete assignments under limited direction.
• With ability to work in a collaborative environment within a large organization with multiple priorities and skillful at maintaining positive relationships at all levels within an organization.
• Who is effective as a communicator and can present information clearly, logically, and persuasively.
Experience - Considerable (3 years) of professional experience in organizational accreditation and/or certification of performance standards.
Education - Graduation from an accredited College or University with a Bachelor’s degree.
Equivalency – An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
All applicants will be reviewed by OHR for minimum qualifications. Those applicants who meet minimum qualifications will be rated "Qualified," placed on the Eligible List, and may be considered for interview.
Preference for interviews will be given to applicants with experience in the following:
• General knowledge of Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA) principles, practices, and the accreditation process.
• Experience facilitating CALEA related inspections and audits
• Experience working with federal, state, county or local government entities at all levels developing and implementing policy.
• Ability to effectively manage programs or projects
• Experience using a computer to include Microsoft Office software.
• Knowledge of Montgomery County Police Department’s policies and directives.
• Experience communicating effectively
• Ability and experience working independently with minimal supervision
If selected for consideration for this position, you may be required to provide evidence that you possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities indicated on your resume.
100 Edison Park Drive
Rockville, MD 21771
go to Careers