Campus Police Officer Position
Brown University’s Department of Public Safety is seeking candidates for Campus Police Officer positions. Both experienced and inexperienced candidates will be considered.
Located in historic Providence, Rhode Island, the Brown University Department of Public Safety is a fully-sworn, nationally accredited law enforcement department with over 93 highly trained members who are committed to serving and protecting a diverse campus community of over 12,000 members.
The Department’s Campus Police Officers are responsible for patrolling the campus to deter crime, participate in community-oriented policing and problem-solving, develop positive and professional community relations, investigate crimes and respond to calls for service and assistance.
Campus Police Officers also enforce the laws of the State of Rhode Island and the ordinances of the City of Providence and have concurrent police jurisdiction on campus property and the streets and highways adjacent to the campus.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Protection of life and property.
• Apprehension and protection of offenders.
• Preservation of the peace and maintenance of order.
• Assist with the development and improvement of mechanisms to create and enhance relationships with the department and the community.
• Competitive salary
• Paid Vacation, sick and personal days
• Employee Education Program
• Tuition Assistance Program for employee dependents
• 403B retirement program with University contributions
• Additional voluntary benefits
• Must be 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license
• Must be a US citizen
• Possess a valid driver’s license and the ability to operate a motor vehicle
• Must have a high school diploma with higher education in related field a plus.
• Must have no felony or serious misdemeanor convictions.
• Ability to provide high level of customer service
• Ability to treat others with dignity and respect regardless of the situation
• Inexperienced Academy recruits will be required to pass a physical agility, written exam, background investigation, psychological exam and physical exam.
• Graduate of RI Municipal Police Academy, or other certified Police Academy that is equivalent and/or eligible for reciprocity with the RI Municipal Police Academy a plus.
• Experienced candidates will be required to pass a background investigation, psychological exam and physical exam.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a successful completion of a criminal background check, a motor vehicles record check and education verification satisfactory to Brown University.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Application deadline January 18, 2019
To apply for this position please visit below link
75 Charlesfield Street
PO Box 1842
Providence, RI 02912