Police Records Supervisor
The City of Bryan is currently accepting applications for Police Records Supervisor. With specific guidance and direction from management, supervises the day-to-day operations of the Records Unit within the Bryan Police Department. This position frequently performs responsibilities similar in nature to those performed by the employees for whom he/she is responsible.
$41,200-$45,000/year (depending on qualifications). Note: This is the hiring rate, not the complete salary range.
- Supervises, plans, prioritizes, assigns, reviews, and participates in the work of the Records Unit staff responsible for a wide variety of administrative responsibilities such as: providing information to the public regarding police-related matters either by multi-line phone or in person; processing the release of public information and open records request in compliance with state statute, approving officer Incident Reports and assisting with data entry related to records keeping with emphasis on State UCR/NIBRS requirements and reporting, and performing various other duties as assigned.
- Evaluates employee performance, makes recommendations on hiring, training, termination, and related personnel activities, and initiates progressive discipline process as necessary.
- Mentors, coaches, counsels, and resolves conflicts among unit members.
- Develops and recommends procedures and policies regarding the Records Unit.
- Assigns resources to achieve operational goals and objectives with limited guidance from management.
- Ensures compliance with City Policies and Departmental policies and procedures.
- Participates in the development and implementation of unit goals, objectives, policies and priorities.
- Gathers and interprets data for reports and staff recommendations.
- Coordinates the Department's UCR/NIBRS State reporting.
- Performs the duties and functions of a Records Clerk as required.
- Coordinates the Department's records management system.
- Prepares written responses to subpoenas.
- Reviews and approves work assignments to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Prepares recommendations and assists with budgetary planning.
- Attends and participates in training seminars and programs; continually keep abreast of changes in procedures, regulations and laws.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Business/Public Administration or other appropriate specialized field of study plus 2-4 years directly related criminal justice experience, OR an Associate's degree plus 4-6 years directly related experience; OR High School Diploma plus 6-8 years directly related experience. Equivalent combinations of education, experience and training will be considered.
- Some previous leadership, supervisory, or management experience is required as determined by the department.
- TCIC/NCIC Certification or the ability to obtain within timeframe set by the department.
- TLETS basic certification or the ability to obtain within timeframe set by the department.
Bryan, TX 77803
A City of Bryan application is required. Please visit the link provided to apply. Be sure to attach a resume at the time of application. You may follow/track your application status by logging in at any time and selecting Application Status. EOE