Police Accreditation and Clery Coordinator
Reporting to the Criminal Investigations Lieutenant, the Police Accreditation and Clery Coordinator works collaboratively with various offices of the University to ensure the institution’s compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and associated regulations. The position also organizes, analyzes and compiles police department data, produces reports submitted to accrediting bodies, the Chief of Police, UT System Police, the Federal Bureau of Investigations and the Department of Education, maintains the department’s electronic policy library and associated policy proofs, and assists with crime prevention/community engagement programming.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Serves as the institution’s designated “Campus Safety Survey Administrator” as that term is explained in the Department of Education correspondence
2. Coordinates the institution’s Clery Act Compliance program
3. Prepares and publishes the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
4. Ensures notices announcing the availability of the Annual Security and Fire Safety report are properly developed and available to prospective students and employees
5. In conjunction with applicable offices, develops and implements Clery Act required policies, programs and activities
6. Gathers crime and disciplinary referral data from various internal and external sources, such as the Office of Student and Alumni Affairs and law enforcement agencies
7. Works with the appropriate University Department to identify all Campus Security Authorities for the institution and maintains a list of them for each academic year
8. Sends annual request for crime statistics to all Campus Security Authorities at the end of each calendar year
9. Provides, facilitates or manages the training of campus security authorities
10. Consolidates relevant data from these sources with information and policies from across institutional departments.
11. Coordinates with appropriate campus departments to ensure compliance with HEA Fire Safety regulations.
12. Collaborates with various departments ensures compliance with “Emergency Notification” requirements of the Clery Act
13. Collaborates with Emergency Management to ensure that at least one test is completed each year that includes all required components to meet the HEOA definition of a test
14. Trains key institutional stakeholders on Clery Act requirements
15. Ensures the institution maintains accurate records on security awareness and crime prevention programs and presentations
16. Coordinates with Real Estate and Facilities to maintain an accurate listing of buildings and properties owned and/or controlled by the institution
17. Ensures compliance with the daily crime and fire log requirements
18. Serves as the Records Custodian for all Clery Act associated records
19. Works with Student Health and Wellness to gather statistical data related to crimes disclosed to those offices
20. Works with the office of Student and Alumni Affairs and/or Human Resources to ensure compliance with Drug Free Schools and Safe Campuses regulations.
21. Stays abreast of pending and final changes to the Clery Act and other laws or regulations affecting Clery Act provisions
22. Works with various institutional officers to ensure compliance with the provisions of the Sexual Assault Victim’s Bill of Rights
23. Submits annual crime statistics to the Department of Education, as required
24. Produces and submits monthly UT System Police and UCR/NIBRS reports
25. Produces and submits scheduled professional standards reports to the Chief of Police
26. Updates and maintains the department’s electronic policy management system and associated professional standards proofs
27. Implements, monitors and sustains department accreditation
28. Maintains department’s electronic policy library and associated proofs
29. Assists with crime prevention/community engagement programming
30. Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Work requires ability to collect and organize data from multiple sources.
Work requires ability to produces reports from complied data.
Work requires ability to communicate effectively with various levels of internal and external contacts
Work requires the ability to work with confidential information on a daily basis.
The following is the acronym, “PACT”, and is fundamental to all clinical positions at UT Southwestern Medical Center:
• P-Problem Solving: To achieve excellence in patient care and service, all employees are expected to take ownership in solving problems effectively, efficiently and to the satisfaction of the patient.
• A-Ability, Attitude and Appearance: In keeping with a professional healthcare environment, all employees are expected to have the ability to perform their jobs and to appear and conduct themselves in a professional and positive manner.
• C-Communications and Compassion: It is our goal that all our communications are clear, courteous, timely, and delivered with compassion, respect and appropriate confidentiality.
• T-Teamwork: In our medical environment, our patients regard every employee they encounter as a member of the Southwestern Medical Center team. Our goal is to individually work hard to contribute to our team, support our co-workers, and to achieve not only excellent patient care and service, but also a satisfying, caring environment for each other.
Bachelor’s degree or in lieu of a degree, 5 years’ experience in either field or a qualitative combination of education and experience.
Excellent oral and written communications
Excellent organizational skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Excellent computer skills, familiar with Microsoft office suite and databases.
Previous experience complying with the requirements of the Clery Act
Advanced Clery Act Training
Familiarization with Title IX
Three years or more of work experience with and institution of Higher Education
Experience with policy management software
Experience in police accreditation standards and documentation.
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75390