Chief of Police
The City of Albemarle is seeking a service-minded individual with vision and energy to be the next Chief of Police. Albemarle is home to approximately 16,000 residents and provides a full range of municipal services to a changing community. Albemarle has a very strong and stable history in the Council-Manager form of government. The successful candidate must have effective interpersonal skills, a desire to be a part of a strong team, and be willing to help enhance the organization for the good of the citizens. Salary range is $73,330 to $113,662 annually. Application deadline is Friday, December 7.
- Degree in field of police science, criminal justice or related field and 10 years of progressively responsible protective service work and administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be, or ability to become a Certified Police Officer in North Carolina.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a valid N.C. Driver’s License.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, an Advanced Law Enforcement Certificate for North Carolina.
- Undergo background investigation.
- Must reside in, or relocate to Stanly County, but City residents will receive first consideration.
Special Job Qualification Requirement
The chosen applicant will be offered the job contingent upon passing a substance abuse test.
PO Box 190
Albemarle, NC 28001
All qualified applicants must complete a City of Albemarle Employment Application, which can be obtained at www.albemarlenc.gov or from the Albemarle NCWorks local office, 944 N First Street, Albemarle, NC. Completed application may be submitted in person to NCWorks or the City Human Resources Office via email, fax, or mail. Email: email@example.com. Fax number: (704) 984-9470. Mailing address: PO Box 190, Albemarle, NC 28002. EOE.